Questions & Answers
What are "fascia boards"?
Fascia board is the the wooden board that sits behind your gutters. It protects your home and gives a square attachment point for the gutters. Often this wood can rot which will lead to problems. Co-OP Gutters can replace rotten fascia board with primed white pine, cedar or mdf boards.
What are some reasons to replace my gutters?
- Clogged or leaky gutters are one of the biggest causes of basement leaks, mold and other foundation problems. Also, standing water in gutters is one of the common places mosquitoes breed.
- Old worn out gutters look ugly and reduce the value of your property.
- Your old gutters may have become bent or dented or may be pulling away from your property in a manner that they cannot just be reattached or reworked.
- Your old seamed gutters may have begun to pull apart or have drippy leaks and you would like to replace them with modern seamless gutters which don't use the large spikes and farrels to hold them up. We use hidden hangers which screw to the joists of your roof in most situations. This is a superior way of attaching gutters to your home so that they stay up and don't droop over time.
- You want to change the color of your gutters.
- The drainage of your current guttering is not sufficient so you want to install a larger size gutter and downspout system. Most homes and commercial properties have 5 inch gutters with 2x3 downspouts, but we can install 6 inch gutters with 3x4 downs when necessary.